Monday, April 23, 2007

18 days?

Has it really been 18 days since my last post? Someone's a slacker...

A lot has happened in the last 18 days. I went and had an awesome time hanging out with some of my friends from college in Colorado. One of them lives there now and two came up from the Nashville/ Alabama area. It was fun times.

Also, I broke my streak of 7 consecutive family birthdays forgotten. This is pathetic, I know. If I missed your birthday I'm sorry!

I spent all of last week in Southern Utah to hold meetings for one of the advocacy groups that I am working with. Southern Utah is pretty - lots of rocks and desert though. I like roads and buildings better. Maybe a little grass here and there to add a splash of color, but mostly civilization.

One of the side trips that we took was to Arches National Park. It has the largest concentration of naturally made sandstone arches in the world. It also has a lot of cool rocks.

This one is called "Balanced Rock." I renamed it "The Afro." See it?



This one is called "The Three Gossips." I renamed it "The Three Wise Men."



This one is called "Delicate Arch." I renamed it "Delicate Adam doesn't want to take the 1.5 mile uphill hike so he took a picture from way down here."



There were other cool places too...I actually saw Big Rock Candy Mountain - the one the song was written about. It didn't taste too good...

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Hey Slacker! Good to hear what you've been up to. Give the desert time, it'll grow on you. Got plans to check out PTC's production of 'Les Mis'?

8:42 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

Glad to see this visit to the arches was better than the last time we were there.... in a rain storm.... with a broken transmission....

8:35 PM  
Blogger gavin richardson said...

too lazy to hike a little further to get a good picture.. common man!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home