Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ramblings

So, I've said a few times that I will update more regularly here soon. Obviously that's a lie. I think I will shoot for once a week. That seems like a good goal...Though, remember that in the past I have shot for every few days...

Onto some ramblings:

~ I don't think it is humanly possible to pick a worse bracket than I did this year...at least Vandy did great! Too bad I didn't have them in the Sweet Sixteen. Oh, and again, the SEC rocks. Florida better not upset me...or the 39 million other SEC diehards. I totally just made that number up.

~ When I was young I would flip my pillow at least 4 times a night to get to the "cooler" side. I can't remember the last time I have flipped my pillow? Is there an age where you stop wanting a "cooler" side of the pillow? I don't believe that I like warm pillows now, but it is no longer a priority for me to flip it anymore.

~ I was prescribed a new inhaler for my asthma - one with steroids. I have upped my work out plan just in case it is those kind of steroids. One of the more distressing aspects of this new inhaler is that I have to use it twice a day, whether I feel I need to or not. Also, I have to wash my mouth out after every use, as failing to do so might cause me to get a yeast infection in my mouth.

Now I have heard of yeast infections - never had one, not sure guys can have them - but I am quite sure that you don't want one in your mouth. I wash my mouth out twice after every use. Once with bleach.

~ There are few things more stressful than getting dollar coins and then trying to get rid of them. I felt the need to ask every store/restaurant where I spent one if they accepted them. I, for one, no longer accept them as currency.

~ Onto a couple of shout outs - one to my new friend Laura MD. I put MD not because she is a doctor, but from Maryland. We have a lot of similarities, well, other than the fact that I weigh 2.5 times more than her and am a foot taller. Other than that we are like twins. I bet you couldn't pick me out in a line-up if we were both in the room.

~ The next one to THIS IRISH FARMER who is supposedly going to write a book series that will replace the Harry Potter series. This is coming just at the right time for me, as I was a little worried that after the 7th Harry Potter book comes out in July, my life would continue without the great anticipation of the next seven hundred page children's book for 2 years. This is compounded because I just read from a credible source that Harry dies within the first 10 pages of the next book. Actually, i just made that up. I hope I caused a couple of you to get mad at me for that.

~ I have had a recent revelation that I am no longer the supreme athlete I once was. This realization came when I went with several friends to play touch football a couple of weekends ago. There were about 14 of us playing, and I could only successfully cover 3 people. Mind you that there were 4 girls playing, and one of the people I could cover was a guy. What happened? I used to be everywhere. 3 time flag football champion in college. 7 time little league baseball all-star. All-Region football player in high school. Winner of HORSE against 2 members of the Lady Cougars (Jr. High here in Salt Lake) basketball team. We'll just sum up all of these great credentials as "World Class Athlete."

If anything positive comes out of this realization it is that I will never make myself look like an idiot on Pros vs. Joes. Though, I am pretty sure I could beat Dominique Wilkins in a basketball game to 21 or keep Mia Hamm from scoring a goal. Yeah right. What are these Joes thinking when they go on this show? And they are usually cocky! I would cry. I just hope that I could be a productive member of my little brother's coach pitch team.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! I am a little disappointed you didn’t let everyone believe I was a doctor. Oh, and I almost thought I wasn’t going to be able to talk to you again after revealing that Harry Potter dies within the first 10 pages…good thing you clarified that you made that up.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

you are a slacker Adam! Keep up the posts, I miss your wit.

Oh, beware the yeast of the Pharisees, and your inhaler!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Ok, I have 2 points to make. First, I completely agree with the "cool" side of the pillow...I still flip mine. I also used to put my blankie in the freezer when I was a kid to make it cold against my face! Second, I was going to be really, really mad if you were serious about Harry Potter...just like Laura, I would have stopped talking to you and that would have been a problem since I am your boss! Thanks for the clarification...still talking to you now!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home