Monday, February 19, 2007

Snow Retreat

Let me start this retreat by saying that I just saw a guy who had a goatee tattooed on. Awesome. It gave me an idea, as thats about the only way I will ever get facial hair. Actually, I don't care to have facial hair, but I think I would look awesome with a soul patch...

The youth group that I have been hanging out with here in Salt Lake had a snow retreat this weekend up in the Wasatch Mountains. A couple at the church owns an awesome winter cabin up in Big Cottonwood Canyon that they let us use. It was fun hanging out with the kids and celebrating President's day in style.



On Saturday most of the group went skiing but a few of us stayed back at the cabin. When the youth leader needed a chaperone to stay back I obliged, as I'm pretty much terrified to go skiing because of a bad accident several years ago...I guess I will go eventually so as I don't waste the mountains here in Utah.

While back at the cabin I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. It was an adventure, as the mountains get lots of snow. Luckily they plow the street in this little community or my walk would have been very short.



This is where I found out that "compacted snow" didn't mean what I thought it did. Coincidentally it's also where I found out that ankle socks and tennis shoes were not ideal for taking a walk in a neighborhood that get about 150 inches of snow each winter.



My adventure was truly an adventure, as I had a close call with this bear! Rar! I didn't scare it too much though. My favorite part of this picture is the outhouse in the background.



Finally, I took about 50 pictures like this one, trying to get a good shot of me with the mountains in the background. Sadly, this was about the best one. Who am I kidding. They were all good. I was in them.



Okay, I'll say it. I am dead sexy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

nice, but be careful of those bears, Stephen Colbert is right.

9:06 AM  
Blogger gavin richardson said...

did you go compare the utah out-house to the tennessee out-house? i'm sure we do them much better.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home