Sunday, March 04, 2007

Wrap-up

I got back last night from a Volunteers Exploring Vocation discernment event at Princeton Theological Seminary. It was a great event...lots of time to think, lots of thought provoking discussion, and a lot of really awesome volunteers throughout the country whom I had the opportunity to meet and hang out with.

I see a couple different posts explaining things that went on there, but for now...

I have two sports writers who I read very regularly - Espn Page 2's Bill Simmons and CBS Sportsline SPIN's Clay Travis. Both of them do a mailbag type of column every so often and respond to writers comments/questions. I have probably sent Bill Simmons 10 emails, thinking he might choose mine to respond to. However, I think he gets hundreds of emails daily and the chance of your email being one of the 30 or so her replies to each month is slim.

So, when Clay Travis started his weekly mailbag a couple months ago I assumed my chances would be better as he did it more often and probably has a much smaller readership (not to say he is a less interesting writer, but Simmons has been around a while and is very good/well known). I had not written until this week when Clay had posted a column about his experiences taking a Wonderlic test (a test that NFL hopefuls take at the combine to test their intelligence). He scored a 29 out of a possible 50. Mind you that he is an attorney, so this was quite distressing to him.

I did a little research and found that a former QB named Quincy Carter - a horrible player and moron who was kicked off of the team for using cocaine - scored a 30. I couldn't resist sending this in to add to Clay Travis' embarassment.

While I was in Princeton Clay replied to my message saying that he replied to it in his mailbag column. You can see it HERE. It is the last letter on the second page of the column.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home