Friday, March 30, 2007

Clarification

So when I said I wanted to bring back the fanny pack, I meant that I want at least 65% of the US population to start using fanny packs. Once that 65% makes fanny packs stylish again, I will strongly consider wearing a fanny pack. Once the "fanny pack wearing" population achieves 80% of the entire U.S. population - documented or not - I will wear a fanny pack. My freakin' sweet leather fanny pack that has sat on the bench since 7th grade.

Remember, this is a strong contrast to the "Crocs Craze." I wore Waldies, the company that Crocs bought out, long before Crocs became cool to wear. I will take credit for that "Craze," as Crocs became mad popular about 5 or 6 months after I bought my Waldies. For the record, Waldies are exactly the same as Crocs, except without the strap.

On a sad note, the right arrow button on my ibook is acting up. I have to press it down very hard to make it work.

On a happier note, my right tricep is getting pretty toned because of the added pressure I have to give to the right arrow button.

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Hey, this is random and has nothing to do with fanny packs - just wanted to let you know that I watched "Shut up and Sing" the other night - the Dixie Chicks documentary - and you should check that out if you haven't already - AMAZING (ps. - lauren sends her greetings from NYC)

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crocs DID NOT buy out Waldies! Waldies were in fact the Original Comfy Foam Clog starting back in 2001. Crocs began in late 2002. Today Waldies is back at www.waldies.net and selling a more comfortable clog.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Haha...that's awesome. I apologize for the misinformation mr. waldies CEO who scans blogs for a mention of your product. I do love Waldies though!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Mr. Anonymous CEO at that. Hmmm. I'm am happy to resist all such clothing crazes, never wore a colostomy bag (re, "fanny pack), cargo pants, or foam shoes.

signed,
the curmudgeon.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...i used to be addicted to fanny packs back in the day. who am i kidding...still am addicted! i'm wearing one right now. post another blog soon. i just realized that i have access to this site at work. myspace and facebook are blocked :(.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home