Thursday, February 08, 2007

It's a love/hate thing...

I love that I am 1/6th of the way to sexy.

I love that I can drink diet drinks and Crystal Light and not even miss real cokes and Kool-aid. I can't believe I don't miss Kool-aid...

I hate that no matter how hard I pedal I can't get the elliptical machine to let me do less than a 12 minute mile. Not that I could do less, but I have an excuse now...

I love that I can google "julie and matt back together" and see that there are several other Friday Night Lights fans who have the same concerns. But seriously...they have to get back together!

I hate that I didn't give the writer of THIS NEWS STORY my phone number when she asked how to spell my last name. (You should click on the link to see a quote from me) For real...the writer is super hot. Angie, if you stumble upon this, this isn't the Adam who works at Crossroads Urban Center with CORC and AHAC. It's a different one, so you shouldn't think it's weird that he wanted to give you his phone number - business purposes only. However, I do know the Adam that works at Crossroads Urban center...he is a very nice young man who acts like a gentleman. You would do well to ask him out. Again, things shouldn't be weird because this isn't that Adam.

I hate that most of the Utah state legislators drink coffee and lean in close when they talk to you in the halls. I think I might make a lobbyist gift of a pack of altoids to all legislators. Plus, more than half of them are old and have bad breath anyways...

I love avocados. Who knew that they were edible if they weren't in guacamole?

I love that there is an extreme obesity awareness bill up for approval this year at the Capitol. I especially love that some of the advocates for the group are extremely obese and that we are cordial with each other - head nods, smiles, and what. I love this because if I ever forget my lunch or am out of cash, I should be able to count on these acquaintances for tasty treats.

I love that I will have all expenses paid to go to Princeton Theological Seminary...to go to a Fund for Theological Education discernment event. Did anyone think for a second "Yay, Adam got a full ride to grad school!" ? ...cause that's what I was going for...

I hate that I have to quit this very interesting post...but I have to go to the gym...

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Dude. I will get to meet a 2006 US-2 finally! That's exciting. I'll see ya at Princeton at the end of the month. Good times.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Adam, why not ask Angie out?

Don't wait for her to make the first move. I clicked on her by-line- very nice looking young lady.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Double post, but...
You okay? Scary news out of SLC.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home