Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ramblings...

~Dr. Marcus Borg, one of the foremost Jesus and New Testament Scholars of our time, is coming to the church I attend this weekend. I am pretty stoked...when you get a chance to hear someone of this magnitude - even if it is an all-weekend event - you take it...

~Working at the state legislature has been an exhausting but very eye opening and educational experience...too bad I can't find many legislators with an IQ above room temperature...

~I am quite put out by the fact that many of the people who use my gym are couples. How are you supposed to check out the hottie action if you are worried that the hottie's boyfriend or husband (this is more than often the case in SLC, no matter the age)will see you and come beat you up? This is a problem that needs to be addressed.

There a couple of these couples (HA!) that I want to talk about in detail:

There are two different couples who share weight. What I mean by this is there are two different couples who work out together, sharing barbells and such, and the weight never changes. The girl lifts the same weight as the guy. This is funny to me.

There is also an elderly couple that comes. The woman is probably 60 years old, but looks 233. She lifts more than me. The husband looks about 60 and benches about that much too. This could be a cartoon. A hilarious cartoon.

~ I am thinking of growing a soul patch. If I start now it might fill in nicely before I leave Salt Lake.

~ Two of my DCT shows ended in surprise wedding proposals last week. I can hardly wait until Wednesday and Thursday night this week...so exciting! The best part is one of the shows ended in two surprise proposals! I'm really not that excited. Especially since one of the proposees was my girl Lyla Garrity...

~ Last weekend, which officially sucked without football to watch (not that I didn't have other crap to do, I just had no reason to slack). I was a little peeved at the so-called worldwide leader in sports, ESPN, who allowed a host to say football-free weekend instead of football-less. Football-free made it sound like a relief. A ladies basketball-free weekend would be a relief...

~ Diet drinks aren't too bad...but I sure miss my kool-aid. I'm pretty sure it misses me too.

~ Sorry I'm so busy...I don't even think I'm funny on this thing anymore...wait...nope, not funny...

~ Oh, and GO PEYTON! I can't believe I really like an athlete because of his commercials, but before the first Mastercard commercial he was just another Vol...now he's my homie...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey now... don't hate on ladies basketball too much. I mean, it's not the best thing ever, but it's a lot better than, let's say, men's volleyball, right? At least it's a good sport.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Bears!!!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I'm with david b, Peyton will choke and go down in flames because that is what he always does in the big game. No Nat'l Championship for the Vols with Peyton, no W over the Tide. The history speaks for itself. And the Bears will be victorious. GO BEARS!!!!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matthew, while I do agree with your "Go Bears!" sentiment, I do have to dispute some information in your post. Peyton was victorious over 'Bama, in '95, '96, and '97. It was Florida who Peyton could never beat. Which is all the more reason to root for Da Bears. Peyton could never beat them in college, so we don't want him to start now by beating Gator Alumni Rex Grossman, Alex Brown, and Todd Johnson. Plus, Vandy Alumnus and Nashville Native Hunter Hillenmeyer is a starting outside linebacker for Da Bears, and you gotta love the Black and Gold!!!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

I will dispute everyone's info...well, I agree with men's volleyball being less fun to watch than women's basketball, but disupte everything else. Colts 23 Bears 9
Grossman 3 interceptions

4:05 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

david b, thanks for the correction.
As Bogey once said, "I was misinformed".

9:52 AM  
Blogger Brother Marty said...

May the Lady UConn's basketball team reign again! Go Girls!
Marty

8:14 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I must say I am slightly jealous by you getting to see Marcus Borg. But I get to see Brian McLaren later this month, so maybe I'll get over it.

11:04 PM  
Blogger gavin richardson said...

i got to hang with borg last january it was way cool. having never read his stuff i wasn't sure what to expect. rather funny, quite persona, very inciteful

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home