Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Brotherhood and the Travelin' Pants

Sorry for the delay in posting...I know I start out a lot of posts like this though so it's probably losing it's value.

Anyways, I had a wonderful time at home in TN. I got to spend lots of time with my family and got to see lots of friends too! It was great.

I am glad to be back in the swing of things here in Salt Lake...work and everything...and it's even better now that I have a vehicle here. I can go places without planning well in advance.

Before I get to the meat of this post...let me say. Go SEC. Am I ever wrong? Never.

So...

Me and my awesome brother - David - drove my truck from TN all the way out here to Utah. It was about a 24 hour drive on paper. At the end of the first day of driving I thought we were kicking that paper's butt, as we were a little ahead of schedule.

However, the second day killed all hopes of getting back too quickly, as about 10 minutes into the day of driving (after it snowed the night before) I got a little too confident and, while going between 45-50mph on the interstate, hit ice and fishtailed into the median. David, myself, the truck, and all the luggage were fine. The only thing that was hurt was our confidence and my pride. After getting towed out after a short wait...we were back on the road. There were a couple of tense spots, but not too bad. It's actually probably good that we set the tone for the day of being safe early. On the up side I got to feel what its like to get gawked at by passers by. Who am I kidding...I've always known what that's like. The ladies gawk all the time...

Anyways, the two solid days of driving with David gave us good brotherhood time. And both days I wore my travelin' pants.



The last several times I have had a day of travelin' - whether it be an airport or in car - I have worn these pants. Thus, I am decreeing that from the present and henceforth, any time I, Adam Burgett, travels, the Travelin' Pants shall be worn. Sharing them with my friends will not be necessary.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had fun too little (i mean younger) brother...hope all is going well for you in SLC...i'm still waiting for US Airways to find my luggage...oh well, if you fly back home, make sure it's not US Airways...they suck!!!...but at least nothing valuable was in my luggage.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well. I must say for travelin pants...those are VERY sexy...you may need to choose a different pair so the ladies in the cities you visit don't swarm you. It could be dangerous. of course I wouldn't swarm you, because I am taken. However, I would think long and hard about it.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have the travellin' pants travelled to that wonderful sabbath destination for stylish fashion wear called the ever exotic washing machine?

inquiring minds want to know. it's good to know there are others who wear the same pants more at least two days in a row at times.

glad you're well.

jnorm

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have the travellin' pants travelled to that wonderful sabbath destination for stylish fashion wear called the ever exotic washing machine?

inquiring minds want to know. it's good to know there are others who wear the same pants more at least two days in a row at times.

glad you're well.

jnorm

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

r u gonna wear ur travelin pants on the way to Denver?! i don't think i'll wear any pants...the seats on the airplanes are really uncomfortable. without pants, it's really nice and relaxing.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home