Sunday, December 03, 2006

What the &@#^!

Okay, so I had a post planned where I vented my frustrations with the BCS system of College football. That's where the title for this post came from. But, Florida made it in so it is no longer appropriate...well, I still hate the BCS system but this year it's cool since an SEC team made it in...next year we'll see...

Like that reasoning? It is fair logic since the SEC should always get a team in the National Championship game. At least in my mind.



Go Gators!



Anyways...I digress...but I did even do research to argue Florida's claim to the title game. I won't bore you with it now, but if you don't think they belong let me know and I will whip it out.

To make the title of this post somewhat relevant...I will talk about my last night. Particularly, about the movie I saw last night.

I've been pretty sick this weekend so I have watched a lot of tv/movies. One movie that I watched was Beloved - the one that Oprah starred in a few years ago. It might have been a pretty good movie...but it was crazy confusing. It's like they didn't think that anyone who would want to watch the movie did not read the book. Just plain confusing.

After the movie was over...I could draw some meaning out of it...but the overall feeling that sprung forth was confusion, with the secondary feeling being anger that I was so confused.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about the movie since I watched it yesterday - more time than I usually spend thinking about movies. It's just a shame that many of those thoughts about a movie that deals with an issue as thought-worthy as slavery, were about how confusing it was.

3 Comments:

Blogger wicked said...

try the book, it's pretty amazing. i've never seen the movie, though, so i couldn't say how it compares...

oh yeah, and i thought of you the other week while watching the homemakeover show that was in SLC :D

10:38 AM  
Blogger valerie said...

Actually that was my first try at pole dancing. Maybe when we are in NYC in June you can show me some pointers! We need to talk/email more often. Keep warm!!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

GO BUCKS!!!! I am glad that Florida is in the BSC because that means the OSU will definetely win...I was confident when it was suppose to be Michigan..just a bit worried, but there is no doubt now! Hahahaha...watch OSU will loose now that I have talked so much trash. We will see!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home