Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Soapbox

If college football doesn't interest you then you will probably want to go ahead and stop reading now.

Something has been on my head the last few days that I just have to write about. I know I'm biased in the football conference area, but it is a fact that the SEC is the best football conference in college football. Being away from the area only strengthens my assurance in this fact.



Take this weekend for example...the SEC beat up on itself. Two previously undefeated, top ten teams were beaten by teams in their own SEC division. Now, in a conference that just a couple weeks ago had something like 4 teams that were undefeated and in the top ten now only has one undefeated team, and still several in the top ten. Even if by some chance Florida does make it through the regular season without a loss, they still have to play the SEC Championship - a game that is sometimes harder than the national championship.

I'm quite sure that Florida won't make it through the season undefeated. Just a hunch. Even the crappy teams in the SEC are pesky. The number 3 ranked team in the Country - Michigan - got played very well by Vanderbilt, the perennial worst team in the SEC. Vandy plays everyone close though...something that pains me to no end.

I guess I should get off of my soapbox...just know that I think the SEC is the best conference in the nation in college football. Not all agree...many would point to USC's killing of Arkansas as proof of the Pac-10 being dominant. I would counter with UT's whooping of Cal. Anyways...we're all right. It's football...it should not be as important as we make it. But I can't not make it an all consuming thing that dwarfs everything else in the world from August through January. All SEC fans are like that. That's why we're the best.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sports Illustrated backs you up this week. The cover for this week's issue is a UT player recovering the blocked punt in the endzone during the UT-UGA game. The main story talks about how the SEC is the toughest conference.

Anyone who thinks the PAC-10 is stronger than the SEC is on drugs. If you put USC in the SEC, they would not have gone undefeated, EVER!!!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Did everyone see that...I inspired a Sports Illustrated Cover. Man, I am getting good...

7:26 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Dude, you called the Auburn defeat of Florida. But sweetest by far was your beloved Commodores delivering those blasted Bulldogs a sweet upset.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home