Thursday, September 28, 2006

Observations

Observations of a guy living completely on his own for the first time.


~The cycle of dirty laundry, dirty dishes, and empty cupboard shelves is endless.

~Frozen dinners taste much better if cooked in the oven.

~If Lil' Debbie and Marie Callender were real people, I would reconsider polygamy. Wait, is Lil' Debbie legal? I don't need the Special Victims Unit after me. Well, you can send ADA Novak...growl.

~Eggs go bad.

~If I buy a whole gallon of milk, I throw some out. If I buy a half gallon of milk, I need more way before the expiration date.

~Cleaning is not fun if you don't do it very often.

~If you don't fold your clothes immediately after they come out of the dryer, you have to iron every day.

~If you cook the whole bag of spaghetti noodles, be prepared to eat spaghetti noodles for a long time.

~If you live alone...you can't ignore bugs and hope someone else kills them.

~My family was very, very good to me. Thank you Mom, Dad, Tony, and Lisa! I love you guys...

Aww, how sweet...

3 Comments:

Blogger valerie said...

so i bought this new milk. it is from cows that haven't been fed hormones and it lasts about a week and a half longer. the brand it alta dena, maybe you have it in salt lake?

9:49 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

organic milk is ultra-pasturized and often lasts longer.

Adam, your post cracks me up.
Yes, sadly, eggs do go bad.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably never check your blog comments anymore, but I just wanted to say...as the person who is now living in your (former) apartment, yes, you have to kill bugs on your own! EVERY DAY! I bought a hand-held vacuum cleaner. Lately I just suck up the spiders and let them crawl around in the hand vacuum, hoping they'll eventually die. It's cruel but convenient.

Hope seminary is going well. I look forward to reading some more of your old posts!

From Sarah, the "new Adam"

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home