Monday, July 24, 2006

I am going to be an artist!

So...I promised a post about the MoMA...here goes...

I really did thoroughly enjoy going to the Museum of Modern Art; however, there were some pieces of "art" that left me a little perplexed. Some of the pieces of "art" didn't seem like art at all. Take this picture for example...



Now compare this work of "art" to what I just did in 7 seconds...



Why did the guy/gal who painted this get paid millions (maybe) of dollars for their painting and I get nothing? This blue "painting" is not a work of art. One of my friends said that she felt bad for house painters who do the same thing but millions of times more than that and don't get their "paintings" in museums.

This wasn't the only thing that isn't art in the museum. There is a canvas that has been sliced in the middle that is called "art." There is a rope suspended from the ceiling to the floor called "art." There is a blank canvas...a BLANK canvas in the museum called "art." This is all crazy. I think I have a new calling in life...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this whole "finding a job" thing doesn't work out for me soon, I may join you in your calling as an artist. I've got a blank canvas sitting in the living room right now that someone is probably just dying to pay millions for.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home