Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It's official...

I have some bad news...it's official - Taylor Hicks is the American freakin Idol...I know only a handful of people knew this already, i'm one of the few viewers - thats why I'm telling everyone, well at least everyone reading this, which is no one because I haven't told anyone that it exists...i shall soon.

Taylor had at best the 6th best voice of the competition - though I must admit that he was one of the most entertaining contestants.

I bet you are asking yourself "well why in the world is Adam wasting a post on this if he hasn't posted in a month and only has 4 or so posts anyways?" Well, I say you are asking a good question, and a good question deserves a good answer. And I got good answers...

I think I deserve to post about this because not only have millions of other people written about American Idol the last 5 months...I have spent the last 5 months with American Idol. It sucked me in. I have spent more time with the contestants than I have with many of my family members...ever. They were my family - my crazy (paula), annoying (paula) and sexy (paula) family. Even my future wife was part of Idol this year...I wonder if she'll hyphenate her name - Katharine McPhee - Burgett. Man, I wish I had met her before she made it on the show and got famous - I hate hyphenated names, but I guess I'll get used to it.




Back to topic - think about it...some weeks Idol was on 5 hours...5 hours! Thats more than college students are in a class for one week. Because of this time commitment for busy college students, I am proposing that all colleges offer some sort of credit for Idol watchers. I'm even going to offer a sample syllabus for this new course in "Music, Culture and the American Dream."

Class Requirements:

Watch American Idol everytime it comes on, whether it is for 1.5 hours a week (final 10ish), 3 hours a week (last 2 + finale), or 5 hours a week (auditions/top 24).

Be prepared to discuss in class:

Contestants and song selection
Fashion yes's and no's of the night
Judge comments: were they fair?

Write one paper responding to the following comment: " It doesn't matter how good the contestants are, the producers pick the most marketable contestant to win and then keep the rights to the better singers so they can sign them a few months after the season is over."

Well, that's a start on the syllabus...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous writer = Katharine McPhee

7:45 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

You mean Katharine McPhee-Burgett

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home