Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Beginnings

It is funny that I titled this first entry beginnings, as it is being written at a crossroads in my life...

I just returned yesterday from a four day trip to New York City. It actually was an interview for the US-2 program, which is a social justice program of the GBGM of the UMC. I think the interviews went well, though I am cautiously optimistic as I wait for the call which should come sometime this week.

If I am accepted into the program, I will be sent to work in a United Methodist affiliated agency that works towards social justice. The placement could be anywhere in the United States, but I made it known that i preferred the Northeast. The weekend was better than I expected - the awkward lack of anxiety from the 12 persons interviewing seemed to fill the rooms as much I had expected the anxiety to. All of us will have a long week ahead of us waiting for the call from Lauren Green - a former US-2 and current Missionary in Residence for the Young Adult Program.

Hopefully, last weekend will be just the beginning...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home