Friday, September 08, 2006

Ode 3

In a couple days I will post pictures and a description of my apartment. Until then, amuse yourself with the 3rd part of my 213 part series of odes (yeah, I stole that from Stephen Colbert).

This ode goes out to someone very special to me...someone who has been with me for many years and has never let me down. Many of you know that this is someone who is very important to me. You guessed it...it's:



I cannot think of a time in my life when I didn't drink Kool-aid on a regular basis. I love it. Every flavor except lemonade and pink lemonade. My favorite flavor is Strawberry.



I would venture to say that Kool-aid is the best drink ever. Even better than Sweet Tea.

Kool-aid is one of the 10 or so things I bought during my first grocery store visit upon arrival in Salt Lake. I haven't been without it since. Because of the difficulty in carrying cokes (Coca-cola, Sprite, Root beer, Sam's Choice,etc...the real definition of coke) back from the store either on foot or by bus I am drinking Kool-aid exclusively (besides milk, water, sweet tea, and orange juice, but we'll say exclusively for emphasis). I always have two pitchers of it too...as soon as one runs out I start drinking the other while I make more in the empty pitcher. That's organizational skills and a lesson for all in promptness and priorities.

The best part about Kool-aid is the big pitcher man guy who I think has a name, but I don't know it. He's creepy, but there is something about him that makes me thirsty. That's good advertising...

2 Comments:

Blogger gavin richardson said...

blasphemer! kool-aid better than sweet tea! don't show your face in the south again unless your ready to apologize for that one! &:~)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

His name is "Kool Aid"

Remember the commercials with the kids who are so thirsty, so the yell out, "HEY! KOOL AID!" And he comes crashing through the wall with a pitcher of thirst-quenching goodness.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home