Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Just Call Me Iron Chef




Yeah...I stink at my freeware version of Photoshop...but that is me...

So until Monday night the most courageous I had gotten in the kitchen was either Sloppy Joes or Spaghetti, which ever dish is harder to accomplish.

I was tired of meals that I had to pull straight out of the fridge or simply add heat so I went to my trusty old friend the internet to look up one of my favorite dishes - General Tso's Chicken. The recipes I found were all a little more intense than I wanted to try, but I really was in the mood for some General Tso's and therefore tried the one that seemed like it would be the most correct.

Here is a picture of the food in the process of cooking.



When the chicken was frying, the smoke kept setting the smoke detector off so I had to improvise.



All in all it was a pretty hard process. The recipe said that it would take an hour to make. It took me closer to two hours, though, I did by the dark meat chicken with bones and had to cut the meat off the bone. I won't make that mistake again.

Before I started the process of cooking like the chinese restaurant chefs I cleaned my kitchen thorughly...unlike chinese restaurant chefs according to most health scores. I washed every dish...and I'm glad I did...look how many dishes I used to make this dish, which served me for 3 meals. Remember...there were no dishes in the sink and I only ate off of one plate.



In the end...the food was worth the trouble, though I would love to make it a little spicier. I guess practice will make perfect. I have found quite a few dishes online that I hope to try next. I think my next venture might be spring rolls from scratch.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

General Tso's chicken is the bomb! Maybe I'll get you to teach me to make it. On the other hand, it looks like you put a whole lot effort into it. I may just let Panda Garden keep supplying me the magic of the General Tso.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home